We are here for you! Contact Oklahoma Forestry Services Education Coordinator to schedule a Forestry Education program or event for your classroom or program!
Order your Cross Timbers Educational Poster here
- If Trees Could Talk: A Curriculum in Environmental History is an 11-module, middle school curriculum that gives teachers the opportunity to download social studies activities that are based upon archival materials. The centerpiece of each module is a compilation of primary resources--documents, maps, newspaper articles, oral histories or photographs--from which students are asked to gather, examine, and analyze information, and synthesize insights. The curriculum is presently being tested by teachers around the United States and has already generated much popular support.
- Natural Inquirer student workbook free downloadable environmental education workbook
- Forest Fast Break Videos explain all topics of forests and forestry practices!
- Forestinfo.org a source for environmental information which is understandable, unbiased, accurate, and available in a wide variety of formats.
- Useful Websites
- Leaf Presses and Collection Hints, OSU
- Forestry Self Determined Project, 4-H Youth Development
- Oklahoma Ecoregions Map - Format for 8.5 x 11printing (without region descriptions)
- Oklahoma Ecoregions Map - Format for 11 x 17 printing (with ecoregion descriptions)
- National and State Programs and Events
- Smokey Bear Curriculum