Six critical issue topics were identified through survey inputs submitted from foresters, natural resource professionals, and the public. A working group has been established for each issue topic to help write the issue description for the Forest Resource Assessment and to help determine goals and objectives to address the issues for the Strategy. The six issue topics identified for our state are:
- Forest Sustainability and Health
- Forest Economics and Markets
- Water Quantity and Quality
- Community Forests Health and Care
- Wildfire Risks to Oklahoma
- Impacts of Climate Change on Oklahoma's Forest Resources
To learn more about the issues and working groups, visit www.forestry.ok.gov/issues.