Oklahoma Forestry Services is a division of the Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry. The Director of Forestry is the State Forester for Oklahoma. The State Forester is required by state statute to be a professional forester and qualified by the State Board of Agriculture.
The Director of Forestry is charged with
- Enforcing the provisions of the Oklahoma Forestry Code
- The prevention and extinguishing of wildland fires
- Leading Oklahoma in its efforts to manage and protect its trees, forests and related natural resources
- Provide assistance for the protection and management of forested state lands
- Recommending and implementing plans for the future of forestry in the state of Oklahoma
OFS is headquartered in Oklahoma City.